Tuesday 9 November 2010

86. Get new glasses

I've put this off for ages. I hate wearing glasses. Really, really hate it. I'd have laser eye surgery in a shot but I'm beyond skint and would have to sell a kidney or a child to fund it. This is a bit tricky as I can't see anything without them. I've had my current ones for 5 years and they really needed changing as a) They're knackered, b) my delightfully tactful husband told me they were dated and c)I can't bloody see anything, even when I'm wearing them.
So finally this month I was forced, kicking and screaming popped along for an eye test. After being told off by the optician for not being able to read the eye chart, even with my glasses on (I told you, it's a wonder they haven't sent me a guide dog) I spend an hour looking at frames. I hated them all. Every single pair. Too big, too small, too narrow, too Dame Edna, the arms are too wide, the wrong colour, too Elton John...
It took me a week to find an acceptable pair, well two as they were buy one get one free. I'm still not sure about them, they're different. I like familiar.

2 comments:

  1. I like them, but then I do have a very similar pair!
    I also hate picking out frames. My biggest problem is that a lot of them slide off my nose. They never seem to be quite the same when you pick them up either!
    Anyway, these suit you, and you do look very youthful here. I'm sure you'll soon get used to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hel. The other pair I got as my first pair I hate IRL, they're just all wrong on my nose and round my ears! I'm going to take them back and see if they can do anything about them or whether I just have a funny shaped head, lol!

    My forehead isn't quite as large as this in real life. The downside of making my chin look smaller is now my head looks huge!

    ReplyDelete