Tuesday 7 September 2010

34. Go swimming with the children

Obviously there's no pictures. I contemplated taking a picture of us outside the pool but wasn't sure that being labeled a nutter was much better than a pervert. I may go back and recreate the moment when the pool is closed (would that make me less of a nutter or more?)

I've not been swimming for 6 years, since I was thinner. Thanks to this project I've bought a costume (two actually, thanks to the children helpfully removing the labels so I couldn't send one back) and actually been swimming. I actually had fun. Well, if I ignore the part where I couldn't find my underwear. I was panicking ever so slightly. I couldn't decide which would be worse, going without any underwear or asking at reception if anyone had handed it in. Turns out I'd stashed it in the leg of my jeans, presumably so I'd know where it was. Oh and the less said about Lydia weeing on my flip flops the better...

No comments:

Post a Comment