Sunday 26 September 2010

16. Bake once a month

I've baked a few times this month. For the school autumn fayre I made Rocky Road, Brownies and fairy cakes (pink glitter for girls and Ben 10 for boys. Nothing like a gender stereotype cupcake topping!) People were very complementary and my tins came back empty so I presume they were ok!

I also made Victoria Sponge cupcakes which were fabulous in my head but slightly disastrous in real life (all the jam sank to the bottom) but apparently went down with Paul's colleagues!

Yesterday as a treat for no crying at swimming lessons (hey, bribery is a mum's best friend) we made smarties cookies. Biscuits are not my forte. They're kind of like unrisen cakes (there's some ingredients mentioned in the method that aren't on the list which threw me a bit) but they're edible. It could be that I'm just greedy and will eat anything though...

No comments:

Post a Comment