Saturday 9 January 2010

January 9th 2010

83. Listen to 10 artists I've never heard of

Ellie Goulding
I came across her name whilst reading the bbc news website. She's won the BBC's Sound of 2010. Apparently "her "folktronica" sound mixes a traditional acoustic approach with a more cutting-edge electronic style".

I'm starting to think I haven't heard of these people for a reason and I should stick to Girls Aloud!

94. Watch all the upopened dvds I own

Last night I watched Devil Wears Prada. I bought it when it first came out on DVD as I reallyy wanted to see it at the cinema but I didn't have anyone to see it with (what's that I hear? Is it a small violin ;o) ) As with every other DVD I've bought in the last few years it's been on the shelf, unwatched.
I actually really enjoyed it and it was good to turn off the laptop for a while.

1 comment:

  1. May I suggest (if you haven't already heard of them of course!) Tanya Donnelly, The Flaming Lips and The Violent Femmes.

    I do love a bit of Girls Aloud though!

    ReplyDelete