Tuesday 13 April 2010

April 11th 2010

19. Have a picnic in the park.

Woo hoo! It's sunny!
For Charlotte's birthday I decided to invite a few friends round and have a little teddies bears carpet picnic. Our house is teeny so it was to be an intimate affair and not much chance of letting the children play outside in our courtyard garden *cough* as the weather was predicted to be grim (when I decided to host there was supposed to be snow on its way!). If only I'd known that the weatherman would be so wrong. It was a glorious weekend so a quick change of plan meant we headed off to the park.
Our local park used to be rubbish, only a year ago I blogged (in my rather neglected park blog) about how rubbish it was. 2 swings and a rubbish slide thing. And lots of dog poo and broken bottles. Oh how it has changed! There's park benches, lots of little children's equipment, a deathslide, some big swings. Fab.
We threw down some blankets and cracked open the sandwiches. The children had a fab time and so did we. I think we needed wine though. Must plan better next time.
It's such a shame that the weather can't be guaranteed, it would have been lovely to invite everyone but I couldn't risk that it might rain and we'd all be wedged in our front room!


IMG_9743

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic blog idea! I love your 101 things. Good luck with them all - I'll be checking back to see how you're getting on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel, I hope I manage to do them all!

    ReplyDelete