Tuesday 13 April 2010

April 8th 2010

17. Make birthday cakes for each of the girl's birthdays

So, here it is, the first of the birthday cakes!

IMG_9689

Charlotte turned two on April 9th. At the moment we have a bit of a thing for owls, I seem to be subconsciously drawn to them, and we have lots of clothes with owls on. A while ago my lovely friend spud made one for one of her megaboys and I fell in love with it. It looks fantastic but was so simple to make and it tasted quite delicious too. Sadly there wasn't much to taste. After a birthday tea at my parents I carefully put the cake into the tin, using the lid as the base so the sides wouldn't get squashed when I was getting it in and out. I then carefully handed it to my husband, explaining that the tin was supposed to be upside down so not to turn it the right way. Then he carefully carried it outside and dropped it on the drive. I might have had a small breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment