Tuesday 13 April 2010

April 9th 2010

89. Visit a farm

April 9th was my baby's birthday. Not so much of a baby now, a big number two girl who can talk, and is starting to count, surf the internet and browse you tube on an iphone and spending most of her time arguing and fighting with her sister. Bliss...

Anyway for her birthday we decided to go to a farm a few friends had recommended, Park Fold Open Farm in Bolton. I've always been a bit wary of open farms, there's quite a few big ones around here where they seem to want to bleed every last penny from you by having animal themed bouncy castles and huge entrance fees.Not that I've ever been to one, that's just the impression I've got when I've looked into it. I wanted something a bit more like an actual farm. But clean. No stinky pigs for me! Park Fold is exactly that, it was lovely. Because of the time of year there was chicks and ducklings, lambs and piglets. Lydia got to feed a lamb (Charlotte wouldn't go near, she wouldn't even stroke one) and we petted rabbits and guinea pigs. The girls played on tractors outside (we had a fabulous day, the first of a few days of lovely spring sunshine). We even went on a tractor ride (This was a bit hairy and at times I imagined overturning into the pond and how our horrific deaths would be reported in the Daily Mail. I'm a touch melodramatic.)

Much fun was had by all. Even me.

IMG_9646

No comments:

Post a Comment